Amazon.com Senior Operations Manager, EC2 Platforms - AWS Support in Sydney, Australia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly-motivated senior manager who is passionate about people, operations and technology. Someone who wants work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world and deliver extraordinary customer experience.
AWS Support provides global technical engineering support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
As Senior Operations Manager, EC2 Platforms, you will be responsible for the day to day management, development, coaching and engagement of a team of Operations Manager’s and their direct reports who are focused on delivering an extraordinary customer experience in every interaction. You will be part of the APAC Senior Leadership Team based in Sydney and have regional and global responsibility for the performance, development and growth of this group. This role has direct interaction at the Director, General Manager and Vice President layers of the organisation.
Strategic Planning and Execution
You will develop the strategic plan to achieve the business objectives for your operations. You will define, plan, document and execute to deliver on initiatives to achieve the customer outcomes. You will continually track and drive the progression of the initiative outcomes against goals to ensure that the team remains unblocked and focused.
Team and Performance Management
You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. You will hold regular team meetings, quarterly All Hands, and Regular one on one meetings with all team members are required. You will be expected to mentor and drive excellence in all members in order to maintain a well-rounded, world class organization. This includes project management, quality audits and coordination of training sessions. You will own and be accountable for the output and performance of your team. You will drive continuous improvements to the team by developing and managing performance for the entire team.
You will own and drive the engagement levels of staff to create a highly focused team that is known for its innovation and ability to execute. You will ensure that you listen to feedback and continually drive improvements to staff working environments to engage with individuals and the teams.
You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe. You will drive best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers. You will identify and own local and global initiatives that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams. You will have relentlessly high performance standards that you will drive continuous improvement across the business.
Recruiting and Hiring
You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but will allow the team to scale with our customer and service growth. You will coordinate with Amazon and external recruiting staff to evaluate potential candidates, participate in initial phone screens and provide relevant guidance and feedback during onsite interview loops. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires. You will own and drive recruitment and hiring activities that will enable scale and ensure that all targets are achieved.
Incident and Escalations Management
You will be the point of contact for enquiries regarding engagement processes and issues impacting our customers during your team’s coverage. As a member of the Operations management team, you will be expected to participate in managing customer, service and network escalations and related incidents. The manager is expected to respond to critical issues regarding engagement and incident management on an as needed basis. You will be driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes and providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the AWS services and customer base. The Operations Manager is to analyze, identify and drive positive customer outcome.
Senior Leadership and Customer engagement and communication
You will engage with key senior stakeholders to deliver exceptions outcomes for customers. You will drive innovative solutions with partners and key stakeholders aligned to business and customer outcomes. You will remove road blocks at a senior level to ensure alignment across the business.
You will lead the engagement with customers directly to drive understanding and improved service levels to customers. You will manage and be the accountable person for key customer performance outcomes. You will be proactive and reactive in the engagement of customers at senior levels within the customer’s organization.
· The right person will have strong people management experience of 8+ years with 3+years as a senior manager with a track record of success.
· The right person will have 5+ years’ experience in high pressure operations environments have must have lead Operational teams to achieve exceptional outcomes.
· They will have exception people leadership and engagement skills and demonstrated ability to inspire and motive large teams of 60
· They will be analytical and have experience in leading technical support or operational teams in high pressure environments. Specifically Windows, Linux and Networking engineering teams.
· Project and Program management experience in delivering key business outcomes
· ITIL certified
· Must have a strong record of driving projects to improve operations and support-related processes and the right technical and support experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer and internal communications.
· Experience with managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
· Engineering, Computer Science, IT Degree or equivalent experience.
· MBA or equivalent experience.
· Technical experience in Windows or Linux with basic Networking.
· Project management qualifications – Prince, PMP, CPM, MPM, CSM, Six Sigma
· The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
AMZR Req ID: 466594
External Company URL: www.amazon.com