AbbVie Senior Site Clinical Research Associate in Sydney, Australia
To enable AbbVie’ s emergence as a world class R&D organization, the position plays a key role in ensuring successful protocol level execution of SMM deliverables involving start-up, execution, and close-out of studies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- For assigned sites/study(s), ensure successful protocol level execution of SMM deliverables involving start-up, execution, and close-out. Ensure site related study execution including but not limited to monitoring visits, site evaluations, site selection, and activation, and monitoring close out and visit reports. Anticipate and identify site issues that could affect timelines and develop alternative solutions.
- Ensure clinical trial management systems containing all site-specific information are maintained and kept current. Provide Local regulatory and legal requirement expertise. Ensures timely payment execution for the assigned sites/study(s) according to the clinical study agreements and as per local requirements.
- Ensure adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Monitoring Plans, and to quality standards in conducting clinical research. Stay abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Ensure audit and inspection readiness of assigned sites. Advise on pre-audit activities for GCP requirements. Prepare and follow up site audits/inspections; provide input into the CAPA preparation.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring CRAs and providing input into their development. Responsible for mentoring CRAs for various aspects of work.
- May be responsible for being the country point of contact for CROs for an assigned study. May participate/lead in global/local task forces and initiatives. Responsible for activities as assigned by manager.
- If assigned; Responsible for identifying training needs and standardizing and facilitating training solutions for SMM monitors globally. Provide consistent best practice approach to onboarding, consolidating "lessons learned" across areas and incorporating into monitoring training materials, defining best practice training curriculum, and maintaining awareness of upcoming changes to ensure effective training is delivered in a timely manner.
- If assigned; With guidance, may serve as key point of contact in country/district for assigned study. Update Impact/Tesla with country-level information: Country-level planning timelines, LSR assignments, etc.
- If assigned; Global Representative for a single or multiple studies, collaborating with key stakeholders to achieve proactive, strategic and tactical success throughout the study planning, execution, and closeout phases leading to World Class clinical trials.
- If assigned; Responsible for remote data review of assigned sites/studies according to the Integrated Data Review Plan (IDRP), Monitoring Plan, SOP/WI and in accordance with the study timelines and objectives. Provides feedback on investigators/sites on an on-going basis based on the site performance. Interacts and builds professional and collaborative relationships with peers and site monitors.
- Education: Bachelors or equivalent degree, health related (e.g. Medical, Scientific, Nursing, Pharmacy) preferred.
- Site Monitoring Experience: Minimum 3 years.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate complex issues from multiple perspectives and drive smart decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate persuasively and with clarity, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements, resourcefulness and creativity. Demonstrated proactive and positive team player.
- Exhibits strong planning and organizational skills and high level of flexibility in a dynamic environment with competing projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated business ethics and integrity.
Job Classification: Temporary Work
Job: CLINICAL RESEARCH
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703706