Ericsson Senior Solution Architect | Cloud, NFV in Sydney, Australia
Senior Solution Architect | Cloud, NFV
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will be:
- Working with customer to understand current systems and design technical solutions that meet the business needs
- Ensuring designed systems are scalable, robust and cost effective, requiring minimal maintenance and can be easily evolved to meet future business needs
- Understanding system workflows to produce technical solutions to integrate vendor solutions to systems
- Assisting with product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed effectively to meet objectives
- Working within strictly defined timeframes and provide high level guidance on size and scale of work required for solutions
- Engaging business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Interacting professionally with internal customers, vendors and suppliers
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Engineering, Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working on Cloud Infrastructure / NFV / virtualisation projects
- Experience designing scalable architectures within cloud architectures such as AWS
- Solid understanding of development and solution design principles and non-functional requirements
- Strong analytical mind and ability to break down problems to design appropriate solutions
- Positive attitude to problem solving and ability to work within teams to find solutions
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Solid communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
- Strong initiative and self-starter able to investigate current landscape and find information to produce suitable solution design
- Technical delivery across the entire software lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
- Passion for technology and designing elegant solutions
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney, NSW.
Follow us social media –
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || No Selection || Sydney || Consulting&SysInt;
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 07