Ericsson Senior Solution Architect Job stage | Packet Core in Sydney, Australia
Senior Solution Architect -Packet Core
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We are now looking for a Solution Architect (Packet Core) to work directly with our key customers. In this role you will be responsible for analysing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the telecommunication space.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with customer to understand current systems and design technical solutions that meet the business needs
- End to End Solution experience with a prime focus dealing with delivery and solution design
- Ensure designed systems are scalable, robust and cost effective, requiring minimal maintenance and can be easily evolved to meet future business needs
- Understand system workflows to produce technical solutions
- Assist with product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed effectively to meet objectives
- Work within strictly defined timeframes and provide high level guidance on size and scale of work required for solutions
- Engage business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Interact professionally with internal customers, vendors and suppliers
What you'll need:
- Experience Solution Architect with very good packet core competency
- SGSN-MME, EPG, SAPC experience
- IP and Virtualisation experience is a bonus
- Solid understanding of development and solution design principles and non-functional requirements
- Strong analytical mind and ability to break down problems to design appropriate solutions
- Positive attitude to problem solving and ability to work within teams to find solutions
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Solid communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
- Strong initiative and self-starter able to investigate current landscape and find information to produce suitable solution design
- Technical delivery across the entire software lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
- Passion for technology and designing elegant solutions
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney, NSW.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || No Selection || Sydney || Consulting&SysInt;