Google Strategic Cloud Engineer, Google Professional Services in Sydney, Australia
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud Professional Services Team is responsible for delivering Google’s most strategic clients’ cloud initiatives from inception to production. We solve complex technical problems which are critical to our clients’ businesses such as distributed systems development, cloud native transformation, and much more. We work with Product Management, Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring that customers have the best experience moving to the Google Cloud suite of products. You are a technical expert with entrepreneurial drive and a passion for customer success. You architect, design, and deliver technical solutions. You are responsible for rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges, lead flawless implementations and integration of custom features.You will have access to Google’s incredible technology to monitor application performance, debug and troubleshooting product code, and address customer and partner needs.
Success in this role involves combining engineering expertise and strong client facing skills to lead the timely execution of adopting the Google Cloud Platform solutions to the customer’s requirements.You are an active leader in the cloud area, and you strongly believe that you can help any industry build its next generation business software in the cloud.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Deliver top tier state of the art solutions, including sample code, and solve complex technical customer challenges.
- Be a trusted strategic technical advisor to Google most strategic customers.
- Identify new product features and feature gaps, provide guidance on existing product issues, and collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to influence the roadmap of Google Cloud Platform.
- Deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Travel up to 30% of the time as required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in architecting, developing, or maintaining internet scale production-grade solutions in virtualized environments such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in software development in one or more languages such as Python, Java, Go, C++ or similar with experience in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Customer-facing communication experience.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, content delivery networks), web standards (like as REST APIs, web security mechanisms) and security practices (such as encryption, certificates, key management)
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Hands on experience supporting database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux and/or Unix.
- Understanding of open source server software (such as Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch, Jetty).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.