Microsoft Corporation Sub Product Marketing Manager - Office SMB in Sydney, Australia
Job Description: Product Marketing Manager/Office/SMB
Joining The Microsoft Team Means?
As a company our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As an employer, we empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
Reach - Microsofts resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
Freedom -Microsoft values each individual talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
Inspiration - Inspiration can be found through our Office products and how they can improve our customers lives.
The Subsidiary Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is accountable for the subsidiary revenue, scorecard and market share for their assigned products in the Subsidiary. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their product set, specifically at the 200-300 level, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies. This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their product set. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback.
The PMM is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning. The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns and marketing activities, develops integrated marketing campaigns, and delivers product, solutions and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners.
The PMM must develop strong partnerships with the segment marketers, customer and partner segment stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach. The various messages need to be very well aligned, with the end goal to think and act as One Microsoft - using a model like RACI (Reviewer Approver, Contributor, Informed). In doing this, the PMM is an ambassador of the overall Product Brand and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
The Impact You’ll Be Making Product Evangelism (15%)
• Maintain product knowledge and evangelize O365 and Project internally and externally.
• Adjust differentiated value proposition and create compelling, localized content (To-Customer and to/thru-Partner), and integrate with all subsidiary marketing activities.
• Plan and execute Partner readiness with guidance from Corp.
• Drive seller usage of Value Discovery Workshop, CIE, and value of Office tool to bring high value scenarios to life.
• Develop local customer evidence partnering with field and partners.
Business Management (30%)
• Own and drive Office segment TLIs and scorecard metrics related to the Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and Growth Mindset Plans (GMP)
• O365 in SMB
• Project across all segments
• Develop local business management strategy - partner with segment to interpret market opportunity/risk and build appropriate Go-To- Market/GMP.
• Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of O365, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and Corp.
• Participate in preparation for Mid-Year Review (MYR) and connection meetings as appropriate.
• Model customer acquisition and seats/revenue growth (new & recurring) needs for each channel.
Partner Ecosystem (40%)
• Partner with Market Makers i.e. partners that will drive new business to O365 in the SMB space, to drive lifetime use of our services. This includes identifying market opportunities, the partners unique value proposition to our business that will drive step change penetration as well as identifying business models and working with segment on GTM offers and programs.
• Drive renewal shift to cloud through partner sellers, partners and MVPs.
• Lead the local Project partner ecosystem - facilitate PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) solution partner readiness, develop co- marketing plans and track progress.
• Contribute to transactional partner readiness of Project working together with Project SSP.
Marketing Planning and Program/Campaign Execution - direct, with/thru partners (15%)
• Create marketing plans and campaign investment decisions, including targeting, for O365 direct business.
• Partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
• Execute marketing programs to generate demand to acquire new customers using optimal mix of digital marketing and physical events, including strong presence at leading local industry tradeshows, Tier 1 Microsoft events, CIEs, webcasts and attaching Project to Microsoft-led events.
• Actively engage with the segment and cross Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.).
• Expand O365 & Project footprint among existing customers through partner marketing campaigns and programs, including incentives, promos and other activities.
• Drive community engagement.
Who were looking for Experiences Required:
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge Experience
• 3-5 years related experience Skills & Knowledge
• Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
• Deep customer focus and understanding
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communicator
• Experienced in core marketing communications functions
• Strategic thinker Education
• Bachelors Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees.
As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!