Google Technical Solutions Engineer, Google Cloud (Apigee) in Sydney, Australia
Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Apigee, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
We are an engineering culture set in a fast-paced start-up environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given. As a Technical Solutions Engineer you will work closely and support brands throughout the engineering world, solving innovative digital issues in the apps, data and API universe. Your support enables the seamless digital metamorphosis of leading enterprises and touches millions of users changing the way we work, live and play. Because of our products’ depth and breadth across the technical stack and Apigee's reinventions of the market, you will face intriguing, real technical challenges every day.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Diagnose and resolve customer problems for Google Cloud Platform products as part of a global team.
- Liaise between Engineering and Consulting to resolve complex customer cases and recommend solutions.
- Work on complex customer cases and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the product support team.
- Provide customers with strong support through excellent communication, technical skills and consultancy.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in product support.
- Experience with developing web applications and programming languages (Python, Go, Java, JVM Hotspot, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Experience in Consulting/Engineering and Product Support.
- Background with Middleware, web services and related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
- Strong network administration skills with good understanding of Linux system administration.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.