Microsoft Corporation Workload Lead - Data/Analytics and Business Apps in Sydney, Australia
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The WW Insides Sales (WWIS) organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Sales Program Lead is a leader within our WW Inside Sales organization. As a field based member of our WW Specialist Sales leadership team, the Sales Program Lead is responsible for:
• Landing the sales plays including playbooks, sales programs, readiness, and Solution Sales Manager onboarding including a successful communications cascade for programs to all stakeholders in the Sales Center
• sales execution including the Sales Center specialist sales RoB, Win Rooms, and managing sales blocker escalations with an understanding of drivers for time zone revenue performance, status on key deals, and any corrective actions to ensure achieving business goals
• Voice of the sellers to support WW business reviews and planning cycles with field insights / example deals that illustrate opportunities and blockers for our core sales plays
The Sales Program Leader is a Specialist Sales leadership role that is responsible for delivering sustainable new business growth, providing thought-leadership, and driving customer acceleration to the cloud across the WWIS specialist sellers. The Sales Program Lead is a great sales coach and leader, has a challenger mentality, is savvy in sales-leadership practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across workloads and solution areas. The Sales Program Lead is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, sales challenger, market maker and a social seller:
• Sales Leader: Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; meets sales targets and operational standards.
• Purposeful Planner: Builds a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market.
• Sales Challenger: Coaches seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
• Market Maker: Transforms markets with solutions that change the game by co-selling with partners that make deals bigger and faster, and change the risk profile.
• Social Seller: Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves.
• 5-7+ years of experience developing high-performing cloud sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at Microsoft or competitor (, etc.)
• Possess both business acumen expertise and infrastructure-related technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
• Successful management of large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts.
• Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning
• Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
• Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration required.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired
• Additional training or education in preferred