Sprint TECHNICAL SOLUTION ARCHITECT - AUSTRALIA in SYDNEY, KansasAustralia
Provides international technical expertise and support in the pre- and/or post-sales process to facilitate product/service implementation and to identify and satisfy customer needs. Works directly with assigned customer-base and with sales branches/regions towards achieving an assigned revenue quota by driving differentiated customer solution sales. Supports the sale with technical international expertise. Participates in strategic selling activities including proactive contact and relationship building with technical customer resources. Participates on sales calls. Communicates and understands customer networks and deliver recommendations. In partnership with a Sales Rep, manages specific functions and deliverables (e.g. engineering/network designs, requirements analysis, solution design, RFP responses, presentations to customer staff, etc.) required to execute sales strategies. Participates in Account Team strategies, playing a direct role in strategy development. Liaison to solution consulting and sales teams on network challenges and technology enhancements. Provides in-depth technical guidance to sales team members on functionality of products and services.
The Solutions Engineer will be expected to perform the following:
1. Provide Sales Teams with detailed, technical support throughout the sales cycle.
2. Define prospects’ technical and commercial requirements, and based on expert understanding of Sprint’s current and potential capabilities, competitors’ capabilities and customers’ value to Sprint, champion the support, design and sale of those capabilities to the customer
3. Interface with other Sprint technical support organization to develop customer solution designs according to Sprint policies and meeting customer business requirements
4. Present Sprint’s general capabilities and customized solutions to customers
5. Drive support for customized solutions within Sprint organization
6. Act as center of technical expertise for Sprint global sales concerning regional service flavors and competitive offering. Gather knowledge about Local suppliers, partners, competitors and interface with Sprint Product Management to leverage the information
The ideal candidate will have the following skill & experience:
1. Experience in a customer facing technical sales and/or consultancy role, with the ability to interact and present to customers up to the highest levels
2. Broad telecom technical knowledge, with depth technical and commercial knowledge in (some of) the converged solutions area:
a. Global WAN solutions including MPLS/IP and related QoS/CoS offering
b. Traditional Voice and VoIP solutions (SIP-Trunking, Managed IP Telephony , Unified Communication), including migration opportunities and issues
c. Cloud based solutions, including SD-WAN
d. Wireless/wireline convergence solutions
e. Key customer applications deployment (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Citrix) and their impact on WANs
3. First hand experience in the enterprise sector for the global IT strategy definition, for the supplier selection and for the deployment of global converged solutions
4. Strong technical writing skills
5. Strong public speaking / presentation skills
6. Strong leadership skills / initiator of projects
7. Strong team orientation
8. Strong listenerFluent English language skills, additional language skills would be a bonus
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Eight years sales/marketing experience in telecommunications or related field with demonstrated ability to sell solutions, technical products, services and applications
- Three years International experience
- Flexible approach to work
- Independent, self-starter
- Strong contacts in industry, including vendors and customers
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
INTL - Australia
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980 .
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster ; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster ; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster ; Pay Transparency Notice Poster ; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster .