General Electric Electrical Operations Specialist in Various, Australia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy operates and maintains electrical installations (wind turbines and substations) on behalf of owners of the infrastructure. This role is to provide broad-based & thorough business support, advice & leadership to the Services group for all electrical safety & operational issues encountered during the installation, testing & servicing of Wind Turbine Generators & associated substations.
• Acts as the business nominee in support of electrical contacting activities nationally & put in place a structure for compliance with the electrical contracting requirements (state).
• Development of compliance plan with electrical contracting requirements in each state & nationally.
• Oversee the development & implementation of electrical safety procedures & operational switching procedures at each wind farm site.
• Develop and maintain electrical training program.
• Develop & maintain audit program for all safety, training, operational & maintenance of electrical equipment carried out by employees, direct contractors & sub-contractors.
• Institute an electrical testing program on all electrical infrastructure.
• Provide support and advice to operations teams in operations & maintenance of electrical infrastructure.
• Review scopes of work for electrical maintenance contractors including auditing of performance.
• Witness the testing, commissioning, & hand over process of new electrical installations in conjunction with the construction team.
• Providing technical advice, audits & compliance, commissioning & installation of HV products & electrical systems.
Reporting to the EHS Leader, the daily working relationship is primarily to the Senior Service Manager & the Site Manager at each wind farm.
It is not envisaged that the position will have any direct reports however may be responsible for supervision of contractors and sub-contractors.
• Electrically licensed – A grade -unlimited.
• Experienced HV operator with in date training.
• HV and LV operations experience.
• Switching experience.
• Permit recipient & work control experience.
• Procedural development experience.
• Leadership capability.
• Experience with network operating authorities & their procedures with possible training requirements.
• Knowledge of installation and commissioning best practices.
• Willing to train others as applicable.
• Knowledge of contracting & nominee requirements with option to hold position.
• Substation commissioning, operations & maintenance background.
• Relevant experience in generation and transmission power industry.
• Ability to travel to sites within ANZ.
• Hold the appropriate entitlement to work in Australia & New Zealand at date of application
Note that experience with renewable energy / wind turbine based power generation is desirable but not essential for this role.
• Fluent in English with effective written & oral communication skills
• possess strong presentation & good training skills
• can manage multiple complex issues concurrently
• ability to work independently
• strong problem solving skills
• The ideal candidate will be flexible with a can-do attitude & willing / able to work with teams around the country
• Attention to detail & to comply with technical & corporate compliance requirements is a must
Other Important Information:
• Travel within Australia will be required for short periods of time
• Due to international business contacts, attendance at out of hours teleconferences may be required
Locations: Australia; Victoria, Queensland, Sydney
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.