Marriott Catering Sales Specialist in Victoria, Australia
Recently opened end of March, Four Points by SheratonMelbourne Docklands has 273 accommodation rooms with 7 meeting and event spacessuitable for up to 200 guests. Conveniently located 2 kilometers west ofMelbourne CBD and access via the free tram directly outside our doorstep. Localmarkets, new shopping outlets and entertainment are directly across the roadfrom the hotel.
As the local, on property catering salescontact for customers, the Catering Sales Specialist is responsible forproactively soliciting and handling catering only events (e.g. corporateevents, government events, outside catering events, weddings and socialevents); actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue;achieves team related revenue goals, working alongside the Catering Manager; Leads and manages day to day activities related to the catering sales effort;The Catering Sales Specialist prepares all event documentation and coordinateswith group sales, hotel departments, and customers to ensure consistent, highlevel service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of hotelevents; drives the meeting planner engagement by delivering unique andmemorable experiences; ensures compliance with Marriott Operating Standards tomaintain brand integrity.
- Must have a minimum of (2 ) of progressive years experience in hotel sales (event sales preferred)
Education or Certification
- Tertiary qualification in Event Management/Hospitality Tourism
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Effective up-sell skills of products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Ability to sell, negotiate, contract, event plan, invoice run from initial enquiry to event delivery
- Experience working with targets and budgets and performing according to KPI s
- Ability to manage meeting space inventories
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations
- Knowledge of Audio Video products and services
- Knowledge of contract management and legalities
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Effective decision making skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Organization: Four Points
Requisition ID: 17001GIZ