Marriott Junior Sous Chef in Victoria, Australia
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city's bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia's premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance, and WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio.
The Westin Melbourne is seeking aJunior Sous Chefwho shares ourpassion for delivering an unrivalled level of service to join the busy CulinaryBrigade. You will need to be highly motivated in an environment where exceedingthe expectations is the minimum standard.
Additionally, it is essential that you wish to work as a part of a team,as this is central to the way that we do business. In return we offer unlimitedcareer opportunities, industry leading benefits and an environment where yourdevelopment is our priority.
The KeyResponsibilities of the Junior Sous Chef include:
- Overseeing the daily communications and operations of key sections in the kitchento all F&B areas
- Ensuring a seamless and efficient kitchen service, focusing onthe require presentation and delivering aproductof quality
- Leading and developing the kitchenand stewardingteam throughguiding,coaching and delegation
- Ensure compliance to Occupational Health and Safety, Security, Hygiene and HACCP standards
- Ensuring Supplier quality and cost management strategies are in place
- Strong in room dining experience required
- Understand productivity of manpower
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication and be able to present to the F&B team displaying interactive interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead by example
- The drive to consistently deliver the very best.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar capacity,
- In-depth knowledge of HACCP with full comprehension and the focus to teach, guide and counsel all the F&B teamand rooms
- Exceptional culinary expertise coupled with a strong training ability and to manage and lead the team effectively
First impressions last! You will possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and delight in delivering our guests and staff a memorable experience. You will take pride in your appearance, provide support to all areas of the organisation and be the face of the Westin/Marriott brand.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001SDM