DAI Chief of Party Timor-Leste in Australia
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded tourism development project in Timor-Leste. The goal of the project will be to assist the Government of Timor-Leste in developing a tourism strategy and increasing competitiveness and economic growth.
Chief of Party responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical, administrative and financial oversight of the project.
- Ensure timely design, implementation, and evaluations of program interventions and deliverables.
- Serve as DAI’s point of contact with USAID/Timor-Leste.
- Liaise with a range of public and private sector actors, as well as donors active in Timor-Leste.
Chief of Party qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (economics, business, tourism, etc.).
- Prior Chief of Party experience in tourism development, institutional strengthening, or competitiveness.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing complex and multi-faceted donor-funded projects (experience with USAID-funded projects preferred).
- Experience developing and managing public-private partnerships, preferably in the tourism sector.
- Demonstrated experience building institutional capacity and designing intervention that foster private sector investment.
- Proven experience in building capacity of local staff and counterparts.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Portuguese and/or Tetum a plus.
Location: Australia / Oceania
Job Code: 2649