Arthur J. Gallagher Consultant - Mental Health - Adelaide Office in Australia
Gallagher Bassett (GB) is Australia and New Zealand's premier third party claims administrator. We manage claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured organisations. We are part of the leading global risk management and insurance group Arthur J Gallagher & Co, with over 26,000 great people worldwide in over 140 countries.
Through a team geographically dispersed throughout Australia, GB provides a suite of claims management and related services out of CBD offices located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide and in New Zealand from Auckland, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
We are proud to be one of 124 companies from 19 countries and representing 52 industry categories, named on the Ethisphere Institute’s 2017 World’s Most Ethical Companies list for the sixth consecutive year.
We currently have an opportunity for the right person to create and add value as a Mental Health Consultant. This is a full time, 12-month contract position and will support the South Australian Workers’ Compensation Unit, in identifying opportunities to improve practices for managing mental health related challenges.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving the improvement of claims handling systems when there are mental health risks identified associated to workers claiming compensation;
- Providing specialist advice to leaders and claims managers that influences and drives better claims management practices and outcomes;
- Building mental health awareness and capability across the business unit by:
- Identifying risk exposures within current practices and working environment;
- Developing and delivering programs to raise awareness of the issues and opportunities associated to mental health, including (but not limited to): training, education materials, workshops and coaching sessions;
- Reviewing ongoing progress of activities and its impact to awareness, capability and claims handling performance;
- Contributing ideas and suggestions to improve the wellbeing of staff within the business.
- Providing advice and support to staff handing claims where compensable or non-compensable mental health issues are identified as barriers to the best possible outcome;
- In liaison with key stakeholders, assisting managers and staff dealing with personal (work related or not) mental health issues;
- Working collaboratively with external stakeholders with a view to improve our business model, particularly in relation to managing mental health issues to workers with compensable claims.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or equivalent;
- Previous experience working in the mental health field;
- Practical experience in designing and successfully implementing mental health programs;
- Demonstrated experience in managing risk and optimising support where risk exists in a mental health context.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport and engage with stakeholders at all levels;
- Ability to display high levels of Emotional Intelligence in the achievement of work objectives;
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and negotiating positive outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and provide innovative solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise work to meet organisational timeframes and requirements;
- Self-development and learning focus;
- Proven track record in understanding customer needs and creating high levels of satisfaction;
- Strong working knowledge of the RTW and WHS Acts and associated regulations (preferred).
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work hours
- Staff referral incentives
- A great team atmosphere with a positive culture
- Opportunities for ongoing education and development
- Employee assistance program for yourself and immediate family members
- The opportunity to work for a company that gives back to the community through our Gentle Bear program
If you think you can make a positive difference to our business we want to hear from you today!
Click on Apply for this Job.
Applications Close: 5pm Wednesday 26th July 2017
Only people with the right to work in this country will be considered for this position.
Primary Location: Australia
Organization: Gallagher Bassett Services
Job Level: Manager without Direct Reports
Req ID: 36237