MAXIMUS Staff Assessor - Psychology in Australia
Assessments Australia is contracted to provide the Assessment Service for the Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD-AS) for the Victorian Department of Education and Training. Staff and contractor assessors conduct cognitive and speech pathology assessments in state government schools to ascertain eligibility to apply for support under the Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD).
The PSD-AS processes referrals for assessment from government schools and allocates assessors as appropriate to conduct assessments in schools in a professional manner that reflects best practice. High quality reports are written that meet the needs of various stakeholder groups, especially schools and families of the students assessed.
The primary function of the Staff Assessor- Psychology: Program for Students with Disabilities Assessment Service (PSDAS) is to conduct cognitive assessments in schools, but especially those which are unable to be completed by the contractor psychologist workforce. This may include assessments that occur during peak work periods and assessments that are required in remote regional areas, requiring travel and overnight accommodation.
• Fully understand the scope, outcomes and deliverables of the assessment process
• To understand eligibility criteria for the two PSD categories (i.e. ID and SLD-CEN), and provide peer support and assistance to contract assessors to ensure their shared understanding of these criteria
• Support peers in the assessor team in the work that they do
• Implement and, in conjunction with the Professional Manager Psychology, refine quality assurance practices to ensure quality outcomes
• Conduct assessments in schools and provide high quality written reports
• Travel to regional areas to conduct assessments, including areas that may require the assessor to stay overnight
• Perform peer review on completed reports, when required and as directed by the Professional Manager Psychology
• Screen referrals to determine suitability for allocation to assessment, when required and as directed by the Professional Manager Psychology.
• Respond to phone and email queries regarding the assessment service and other processes and matters relating to assessment
• Participate in training and professional development activities as required
• Support the project to ensure that it delivers appropriate results that are in keeping with all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Participate in a team driven approach to constant improvement, identifying opportunities and mechanisms for refinement across the life of the project
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to receive and act upon constructive feedback
• A strong service orientation to ensure quality outcomes for all stakeholders
• Excellent attention to detail
• • Experience conducting standardised assessments: Psychologists: WISC, WAIS, WPPSI, Vineland
• Experience working with school aged children and adolescents
• Strong assessment and report writing skills (quality and efficiency)
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks and be flexible with changing priorities
• Proven high level IT literacy, particularly in common applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), database and web usages.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting standardised assessments: Psychologists: WISC, WAIS, WPPSI, Vineland
• Experience working with school-aged children and adolescents
• Desirable but not essential is experience in the education, special education, or disability fields and proven experience supporting allied health professional staff or contractors
• Essential that the person be an AHPRA Registered psychologist
• Desirable that the person is a Qualified Educational and Developmental Psychologist
• Own car and full driver’s licence
• Flexibility regarding working hours
• Ability to travel to regional areas of Victoria and to stay overnight when required
• Willingness to provide two de-identified assessment reports
Assessments Australia (a MAX Solutions company) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At MAX we encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; and people living with disabilities.
Requisition ID: 2017-24624
External Company Name: MAXIMUS
External Company URL: www.maximus.com