BHP Billiton Electrical Engineering Technician Port | Iron Ore | Nelson Point & Finucane Island | Residential in Western Australia, Australia
Electrical Engineering Technician Port | Iron Ore | Nelson Point & Finucane Island | Residential
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesMaintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina
Published15 Jun 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close29 Jun 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
This is a key role in our business ensuring we have safe and effective maintenance.
This position reports directly to the Supervisor Electrical Maintenance, ensuring execution of maintenance activities on both planned and unplanned scenarios and includes the following:
• Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
• Repairs and servicing on HV circuit breakers
• Carrying out all activities within the whole of job scope, including pre-work, preparation of JHA’s, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks.
• Provide Feedback to Supervisors on inspections completed
• Monitor contracting jobs in progress and look for safety improvements in the way the job is being conducted.
• Attend to faults in the plant as they arise
• Take responsibilities for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the plant, including but not limited to Ship loader operation, Reclaimer Operations and PMO2’s
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
• Engineering qualification at Trade, Diploma or equivalent industry and/or organisational experience (Electrical Trade)
• A current C Class Australian driver's license
• Trade Certificate in Electrical discipline
• A grade Electrical Licence
• HIAB, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates
• Good analytical skills for a high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department
• Ability to plan and organise to complete a task
• Ability to work within a team to achieve outcomes
• Control Systems training (PLC)
• High Voltage Experience
• Working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
• High skill level in 1SAP Work Management processes, Microsoft Suited
• Previous exposure to the mining, minerals, processing and manufacturing industries in a similar role is preferable.
• Proven ability to influence and mentor others in HSEC principles and behaviours
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40287655
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.