BHP Billiton Electrical Technical Officer l Iron Ore l Finucane Island in Western Australia, Australia
Electrical Technical Officer l Iron Ore l Finucane Island
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesMaintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina
Published15 Jun 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close29 Jun 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Electrical Technical Officer – Finucane Island Maintenance Execution will be responsible to provide technical support to users for the network, hardware and software including stand-alone systems at Finucane Island.
This will be a continuous shift roster of 4 days : 4 nights : 8 off and is a residential position in Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Senior Electrical Coordinator within the Maintenance Execution team, your duties will include:
• Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
• Participating in field leadership observations to improve safety in the workforce
• Provide technical support to the maintenance and operations teams for network, hardware and software related issues to minimise plant delays
• Perform configuration changes to the control system as identified through continuous improvement initiatives or as requested
• Retrieve and analyse data to provide recommendations for system improvements
• Actively participate in delay meetings and offer and implement technical solutions
• Coach and mentor electrical technicians to improve technical ability
• Perform minor Point Plant Monitoring and Control System (PMAC) as required
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following where possible:
• Associate diploma qualification in relevant discipline Advantageous
• Must have an electrical license – Restricted minimum
• Dual trade preferred – Instrumentation technician / electrician
• 2-5 years post trade experience in a mining, or heavy industry environment
• Adhering to safety procedures, systems, policies and tools
• Able to work alone or in a team environment
• Good analytical skills for a high level of problem solving
• Valid Australian C class driver’s license
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Reference Number – 40280637