BHP Billiton Engineer Mine IPRO | IO Asset | Mining Jimblebar | 5/2;4/3 Roster in Western Australia, Australia
Engineer Mine IPRO | IO Asset | Mining Jimblebar | 5/2;4/3 Roster
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesMaintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos, Projects/Proyectos Mayores, Planning & Technical/Area Tecnica y Planificacion
Published02 Aug 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close23 Aug 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
The IPRO Production Scheduling team are looking to fill positions across our operations. The team is looking to place suitable candidates within roles ranging from Drill and Blast Engineering, 12 Week Scheduling and the Mine Design functions. The successful candidates will be joining the Production Scheduling team that manages all operational planning direction within the 12 week planning horizon.
Candidates with a passion that aligns closely with following key areas are sought.
• Safety and Sustainability – Ensuring the safety of our people and sustainability of our operations through the application of strong leadership, sound engineering principles and good judgement associated with identifying and managing risk in all aspects of your work.
• Unlocking Value – Identifying the drivers of value in your area of work combined with a strong bias to action value based opportunities.
• Continuous Improvement – Driving a culture of continuous improvement through collaboration and engagement with stakeholders, effective management of change and the relentless pursuit of exceeding benchmark performance.
Other accountabilities include:
• Scheduling and coordinating production activities required for Production Execution
• Ensuring all schedules and designs comply with approved design requirements (geotechnical, hydrogeological, geological and HSEC)
• Further ensuring that designs and schedules consider sound economic evaluation as well as discipline specific technical considerations
• Providing detailed mine plans to support the 12 week operating timeframe and guide their implementation
• Optimising pit development and sequencing to maximise ore recoveries within the 12 week timeframe
• Providing support to activities performed by the planning group
• Facilitating the transition of >12 week plans into the development and optimisation of short term mine plans and schedules in order to ensure resource optimisation and achievement of targets
• Maximising compliance relative to short term production plans and schedules
• Ensuring logistics capacity is aligned with planned operational outputs
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Degree Qualification and direct experience within the mining, mine processing or mine logistics environment will be advantageous
• Diverse experience in engineering, scheduling, and Cad design within related industries such as the processing, civil, transport or logistics industries will be viewed favourably.
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
In this dynamic role, you will work across one of our sites based in Perth or the Pilbara region of Western Australia; on a Residential or fly-in fly-out basis. At BHP Billiton we support flexible working arrangements. Our FIFO villages have a wide range of facilities and all rooms have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
This role will be offered on a permanent, full time basis and although the current arrangements for the positions are on a FIFO roster, under the organisations flexible work arrangement guidelines Perth based and residential opportunities may be entertained.
If based in Perth, Western Australia, you will be located in the multi award winning office tower - 'City Square'.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40346355
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.