BHP Billiton Engineering Technician Mechanical | IO Asset | Port Hedland in Western Australia, Australia
Engineering Technician Mechanical | IO Asset | Port Hedland
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesMaintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones
Published13 Jul 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close27 Jul 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, within the Port Maintenance team your duties will include:
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
• Undertaking preventative maintenance inspections in accordance with maintenance planning systems and recommending appropriate follow-up action;
• Working from hydraulic schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording any modifications;
• Carrying out all activities within the whole-of-job scope, including pre-work, preparation of JHAs and/or DWPs, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks
• Ensure operating and maintenance targets are achieved
• Provide Feedback to Supervisor on inspections completed (PM02’s)
• Monitor contracting jobs in progress and look for safety improvements in the way the job is being conducted
• Attend to faults in the plant as they arise
• Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
• Take responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of mobile plant
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Trades Certificate in Mechanical discipline
• Experience in heavy fixed plant
• Experience with an automated plant control system
• Experience troubleshooting hydraulic & pneumatic systems
• Experience with fixed plant pumping and water recovery systems
• Mining industry experience is desirable
• Good analytical skills for a high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department
• Ability to plan and organise to complete a task
• Ability to work within a team to achieve outcomes
• HR, MSIC, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates (Desirable)
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40032554
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.