BHP Billiton Portfolio Engineer | IO Asset | Port Hedland | 5/2 Roster in Western Australia, Australia
Portfolio Engineer | IO Asset | Port Hedland | 5/2 Roster
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesMaintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina
Published12 Jul 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close26 Jul 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Engineering projects, you will be responsible for providing project management services for the development and execution of engineering projects for WAIO.
Additional responsibilities will include:
Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
Model an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
Develops and maintains standards and practices for managing the portfolio of projects.
Facilitation of project toll‐gating with Project Engineers
Utilises the cost engineering standards and practices in the provision of project services for a project\program of projects.
Provides Project Management support to site teams to assist in their submission of PIAs and IARs ensuring quality problem statements are submitted.
Implements the appropriate Portfolio Review processes to ensure the Portfolio is well understood and utilises available resources effectively.
Works closely with the Rail Engineer Scheduler to resource plan the Portfolio of works and provide advice on Project Engineering resource requirements to the Project Superintendents and Rail Engineering Manager.
Reviews individual project costs for comparison against the 2YB/5YP project budget and forecast
Review project status reports for variations against key performance targets of time and within budget, working with Senior Project Engineers to identify mitigations, and providing governance guidance and support when required
Effectively manage all interferences with the PMO and project engineers, sponsors and stakeholders
Conduct project initiation and investment approval reviews with engineers, as well as implementation planning and readiness reviews
Lead and coordinate Rail Engineering Project Management team
Take a leading role in the development of talent by supporting and coaching junior Project Engineers
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
• Qualification in a professional engineering discipline or financial or business administration discipline or
• Recognised trade qualifications and/or significant industry experience in a project management role
• Strong Project Management skills
• Strong people management and team building skills
• Broad knowledge of engineering principles across mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineering
• Implementation of safety management programs
• Experienced with capital management processes and project evaluation criteria
• Sound commercial skills in managing suppliers, contractors and consultants to enable successful delivery of projects.
• Significant experience in project management and engineering in mining / or heavy industry
• C Class drivers license
With this role, you have the choice of either being residentially based in Port Hedland or fly-in fly-out from Perth to Port Hedland on a 5/2 4/3 roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40344934
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.