BHP Billiton Supervisor Electrical | IO Asset | Port Hedland | 8/6 Dayshift in Western Australia, Australia
Supervisor Electrical | IO Asset | Port Hedland | 8/6 Dayshift
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesMaintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones
Published02 Aug 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close23 Aug 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent, within the Execution Maintenance team your duties will include:
• Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
• Ensures the quality execution of maintenance work as per plan and schedule in order to minimise the impact on Maintenance resources and Production equipment availability
• Supervises and enables the maintenance execution team activities in an engaging and inclusive way to deliver high quality maintenance outcomes
• Works with WM Planning and Maintenance A&I in defining the work sequencing and dependencies in preparation for the Scheduling meeting
• Ensures that WM Planning has accurate and up to date capacity records available
• Identify Master Data quality issues and initiate action to improve
• Plans and prioritises break-in work in accordance with the Work Management process and site escalation protocol
• Reprioritises interrupted planned work due to break-in work and updates the schedule accordingly
• Ensures that disciplined troubleshooting processes are followed and learnings are captured and shared
• Ensures events and hazards are reported and investigated in a timely and accurate manner in line with site investigation protocol
• Proactively identifies, prevents and eliminates the introduction of defects through maintenance work
• Monitors and verifies competency, skill and quality of work of individual maintainers in the performance of their duties
• Allocates resources for training purposes to ensure effective maintenance execution
• Uses WM Monitoring and Controlling process to identify opportunities to improve the execution of Maintenance work
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• WA ‘A’ grade electrical license
• Tertiary or trade qualifications in relevant maintenance field(s) or engineering discipline(s)
• Significant industry exposure to work area with significant experience in maintenance execution
• Practical experience in leading work planning: establishing scope, work method, safety controls and task documentation prior to execution
• Exposure to analytical problem solving skills demonstrating a capability to identify root cause and corrective actions
• Able to establish, monitor and sustain workplace standards
• Makes decisions in a timely manner, deal with ambiguity and make decisions with imperfect information
• C Class Drivers Licence
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40006433
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.