BHP Billiton Supply Chain Analyst l Iron Ore l Perth l 5/2 Roster in Western Australia, Australia
Supply Chain Analyst l Iron Ore l Perth l 5/2 Roster
Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
LocationAustralia - Western Australia
CategoriesSupply/Abastecimiento, Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina
Published12 Jul 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close26 Jul 2017| W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Capability and Analysis, within the Supply Chain Planning team your duties will include:
• Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
• Validation of local area capability and supply chain system capability
• Maintain and improve on modelling and analytical capacity models to provide local and supply chain impact/benefit assessments
• Monitoring, analysing and predicting supply chain performance
• Present findings and suggestions for improvement to broader company
• Assisting in the development of the 24 month rolling forecast through data analysis, synthesize data and present results
• Detailed analysis of supply chain performance, including simulation modelling, range and scenario based analysis
• Understanding and communicating local and global system dynamics, constraints, risks and opportunities
• Engaging internal customers throughout the analysis process
• Continuously evolve the process, systems, and tools to refine the planning process
• Perform Research & Development and benchmarking activities
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Degree in analytical fields (operational research, computer science , engineering, mathematics, statistics)
• Experience in data analysis, system modelling and simulation are highly regarded
• Ability to communicate technical points & logic effectively to diverse audiences
• Ability to deliver business insight
• Demonstrated detailed analytical and problem solving ability in a medium to large organisation
• Ability to develop networks with people to persuade and influence others
• Experience in the mining industry is preferred; however experience in bulk commodity logistics or other heavy industry would be an advantage.
• A desire to develop an understanding of mining, rail & port operations
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40127215
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.