GCP Applied Technologies National Shotcrete Manager - ANZ in Archerfield, Australia
TITLE: National Shotcrete Manager – ANZ
REPORTS TO: Regional Shotcrete Manager – ANZ & ASEAN
DEPARTMENT: GCP - SCC
- * JOB FUNCTION:*
Manage and develop the Shotcrete division in Australia and NZ. Target and service key mining and infrastructure projects. Utilise the GCP Shotcrete methodology system for customers that will deliver growth and value as productivity gain, performance improvement, market competitveness and profitability to the customer and GCP.
III. UNIT FUNCTION:
Responsible for Shotcrete customer, product development and technical service activities product porfolio
III*. A. DUTIES: *
Reporting and Communication
Work closely with other units in the business, Sales, Marketing, Production, Procurement/Logistics and Dispensing to deliver growth and value such as cost down, productivity gain, performance improvement, market competitiveness advantages and increased profitability to customers and the company.
To prepare and deliver presentations and training sessions when required to internal and external colleagues, senior management team and customer representatives.
To participate and represent the company at industry conferences, seminars as required from time to time.
Complete written reports as required within a specified time.
Reports may include:
i) Market intelligence
iii) Field testing and trial reports
IV) Detailed evaluation reports, cost estimates and recommendations for new product development projects
(v) Customer activity plan
Participate in customer meeting as required to provide technical expertise by providing presenting and explaining technical reports, assisting in scoping and establishing guidelines for customer projects or new product development opportunities
Compile, review, and evaluate technical reports as required for internal sales team and customers
Participate in product development programs for cost and performance improvement of existing products and the development and testing of new products.
Participate in R&D; development projects as required including laboratory trials and field trials as required. Work closely with the Global marketing and R&D; to ensure that the Australian strategy is aligned with GCP global strategy.
Assist in business development by a) assisting with the development of new formula’s, qualifying formulas via testing, field trials and pilot programs and b) providing technical support with the intention of enhancing profitability and cost effectiveness.
To be responsible for actively assisting to resolve technical issues. This will involve but not limited to conducting field investigations and by providing technical services report and presentations as required - (RFTS), visiting and liaising with customers and suppliers where necessary to confer on specific quality problems.
Customer Relations & Servicing
Service accounts by providing technical support, guidance and product information within allocated accounts or designated territory
Maintain and build close relationships with existing accounts. Develop a potential customer service portfolio with key contact details
Work closely with Regional Shotcrete Manager to ensure that key projects, shotcrete initiatives and standards are met to develop the growth of the business unit
Respond to customer inquiries and resolve technical issues raised in a timely manner and that satisfactory solutions are achieved for both the customer and the company.
Deliver value to key accounts by collaborating with key customer contacts
Maintain and build close relationships with key accounts and ensure company products and services are meeting customer requirements.
Work closely with the Regional Shotcrete Manager to ensure key account initiatives, and performance standards are met in line with the supply contract
Conduct cost and feasibility analysis of new products / projects as required
To keep abreast of changes and product development by liaising with Asia Pacific Technology Group & other GCP technical groups, local technical experts, industry networking and by studying internally and externally published literature and reports.
To participate in personal development training as deemed necessary by the company.
Ensure all the activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, ethical standards and company policy and procedures
- * SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:*
- Minimum five (5) years work experience in an senior technical or R&D; role
- Good computer software knowledge and skills – Excel skill and Microsoft Office experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Three (3) years experience in the mining, concrete, cement or related industry preferred
- Previous experience in Sales/Account Management/BD
- Preferred Engineering, Science, Mining or chemistry tertiary level qualification
- Preferred management tertiary level qualification
- * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:*
Strong bias for action and able to deliver results – Must be self-driven and be able to meet required milestones and deadlines, make effective decisions under pressure.
- Excellent Communicator – Ability to influence and communicate at all levels in an open, candid and consistent manner. Breaks down barriers and develops relationships across teams, functions and layers.
- Agile /flexible – Able to quickly adept to changing business circumstances and dynamic situations
- Must be self driven and able to work autonomously and when required as part of a team.
- Passion and commitment – Must be persistent and tenacious and not deterred by obstacles.
- Must be able to conduct all activities with integrity and inline with expected ethical standards.
- Innovation – Seek ways to improve service delivery and suggest improvements to past experience.
- Business support – Anticipate and take initiative to identify issues/concerns and propose appropriate advice (recommendations) as appropriate
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Full understanding of the entire shotcrete application.
Frequent travel is a requirement for this role.
To be available and accessable by customers over different time zones and continents.