Marriott Conference and Events Executive in Brisbane, Australia
Job Number 1800107H
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Brisbane Marriott Hotel, Brisbane, Queensland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
· Cross sell and upsell all hotel facilities and services and Marriott Brands.
· Be available to receive phone enquiries for all group, sales and catering bookings for markets specified.
· Respond to wedding inquiries and see through the conclusion of the event including coordination with Banquets
· Provide timely, professional quotations on group, catering and sales business from all sales, telephone enquiries, email or by a customer walking into the hotel as per the Marriott Standards.
· Follow-up on all proposals sent to customers within 24 hours.
· To assist the hotel in making groups and catering budget each month by following up on all proposals, selling to the guidelines in place for meeting space, room hire, catering spends, group rates and audio visual.
· Loading of all direct group, catering and sales bookings (Rooms and Function space), into Opera Sales and Catering system.
· To follow the reactive sales procedures to ensure efficient handling of all files.
· Ensuring all contracts are correctly completed, signed, including deposits are received by their due dates.
· To ensure credit facilities, as required, are in place.
· Check accuracy of client bills before they are sent out.
· To work closely with Groups Coordinator ensuring all contracts are correct and completed.
· Ensure guest service standards for the various types of functions within the catering department meet the needs of clients.
· Coordinate all catering and conference events staged in the hotel, including confirmed events handed over by the Proactive Sales Team.
· Ensure that all operating standards comply with the company and hotel policies and procedures.
· Liaise with the Banquet Manager and floor operations team ensuring the correct standards and methods of service maintained, as per Standard Operating Procedures.
· Participate in 14 day meetings outlining current and future business.
· Maintain and utilise detailed client history files.
· Handle all Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and planning with client.
· Meet with clients on day of event.
· Always be accessible to the client in all forms of communication and respond to messages in a timely and professional manner.
· Manage the turnover of events.
· Ensure Opera is kept up-to-date with all group and catering information and assisting with keeping the system clean of duplication.
· Have a thorough knowledge of Marriott Rewards Program.
· Ensure all administrative duties are completed in a timely and professional manner, with filing of quotes and agreements managed efficiently.
· Arrange and conduct Hotel familiarisations and/or site inspections as and when required.
· Attend all relevant department and hotel meetings.
· The hotel requires that you will follow established Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations and demonstrate duty of care to all of our associates.
· Perform any other duties as requested by Senior Management.
· Duties and responsibilities may change, as and when required, due to changing business demands and management requirements.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.