Expedia Software Development Engineer II in Brisbane, Australia
We believe that great change begins with individuals who are given the freedom to make a difference, and we champion this in all that we do here at Expedia Engineering, Brisbane. We have a passion for exploration and a keen focus on getting better each day and we aren't afraid to have fun, take risks and learn from our mistakes.
Our team culture is one of creativity and success, but most of all it is collaborative. If you are interested in working with like-minded and driven professionals from around the world, then this is the team for you!
As a software development engineer, your role will be to work both independently and as a team member, utilising critical thinking and deep technical knowledge to creatively design and develop software that scales to the largest travel system on the web.
Are you someone who works best in a team environment that is focused on:
- Getting things done?
- Putting your colleagues first?
- Helping people go places?
Then we would love you to apply, whether you meet all the qualifications or not!
Day to day you will find yourself:
- Building high-availability web interfaces and APIs that run as Docker containers in AWS
- Championing quality coding practices and contributing to the smooth running of the continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines by writing and maintaining high-quality automated tests
- Owning your solutions all the way to production and understanding their impact and effectiveness
- Striving for operational excellence with a focus on being first to know, quick to fix, and always improving
- Participating in architectural design discussions, discussing trade-offs, and translating business requirements into technical tasks
- Testing new ideas, learning from the results, and enriching the overall team experience
Your interests and experience would include many of:
- Web service and RESTful API development e.g. Dropwizard, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, Spring Boot
- Java/JVM languages and lightweight frameworks and libraries,
- Cloud based services e.g. AWS
- Lean/Agile methodologies and practices including continuous improvement, continuous delivery, process automation, DevOps
- Interest in community contribution/collaboration (e.g. open source, clubs, etc.)
In return, we offer a global platform and team to drive your career further while enjoying great benefits including:
- Private health care (for you and your family)
- Awesome travel benefits including discounts and $250 USD to spend each year
- Health and wellness reimbursement program
- Free drinks and snacks
- Flexible work arrangements
- Many more....
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time