Baker Hughes Field Specialist - Upstream Chemical in JANDAKOT, Australia
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes offers an opportunity for a Field Specialist role (14/ 14 FIFO North Western Australia) as part of the Perth based Upstream Chemicals team.
· Manage site inventories of production chemicals. This includes defining minimum stock levels, conducting daily field checks of stocks, forecasting and raising WOs for restock.
· Complete QA/QC activities for production chemicals, when required. This includes pre-delivery quality checks, and non-routine sampling, lab testing and analysis of aged stock
· Plan and complete steps in chemical top-up/change out duties.
· Manage chemical injection system monitoring. This includes performing regular pump flow rate checks, pump and injection point inspection for leaks/correct line up or damage to trigger repair WO, and nominating injection rates.
· Raise requests for new production chemicals or increased inventories.
· Conduct field sampling, lab testing, analysis and reporting as required to support process surveillance.
· Optimize production chemical program. This includes coordinating reviews with other teams such as Corrosion and Process Engineering, preparing a scorecard for chemical management, optimization look ahead, and raising opportunities for improvement.
Qualification / requirements:
· Four year Chemical related Degree or equivalent.
· Previous oilfield experience preferred
· Completes more advanced product line training
· Proficient knowledge of product segments and proper application of products.
· Understanding of production from down hole to pipeline distribution.
· Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products.
· Ability to work and communicate well with others.
14/ 14 FIFO role, North Western Australia.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Field Specialist - Upstream Chemical
Location: Australia-Western Australia-JANDAKOT
Requisition ID: 1714976