General Electric Proposals Manager in JANDAKOT, Australia
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Sales & Commercial Division is offering the Proposal Manager position to be based in Jandakot, Australia.
· Oversees tender activities for Australia, New Zealand & PNG.
· Responsible for all aspects of contract management, including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification compliance, scope development, transactional pricing, customer negotiations, customer communications and issue resolution
· Will serve as the key point of commercial escalation for deal-specific risk review and approvals, and resolution of customer & sales issues arising during pre & tender stage.
· Lead the transactional deal process having the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound quality deals as well as fully manage associated contractual issues that arise over the life of the project
· Provide leadership during the deal review process to ensure that all technical risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording
· Interface with the Region Sales teams to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals
· Coordinate the output of proposals to insure the production schedule dates are met and that a quality proposal is issued to the customer
· Meet order budget, proposal timeliness (VTW), cycle time, hit Rate / win Rate, DPMO reduction and project profitability
· Develop appropriate Terms and Conditions for standard Customer proposals based on Risk / Reward Analysis
· Collaborate with the functional teams for the necessary risk approvals, incorporating the Commercial Proposal Summary and tender strategy from the Product Line Sales for bid reviews.
· Coach and mentors commercial/ tender teams
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or relevant business experience
· Strong technical, contracting and application knowledge in Oil Field Services.
· 5-8 years in a similar role in the upstream services segment of the Oil & Gas industry
· Team management experience in fast-paced environment
· Familiarity with commercial models on new built, services including cost models and pricing strategies
· Advance understanding of manufacturing systems and active site operations
· Strong communicator, able to successfully manage multiple priorities for demanding internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Excel with SAP knowledge an advantage
· Strong knowledge of contracting statutes, both US and non-US.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to lead small to mid size groups and mentor others.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proven negotiating skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
· Thorough knowledge of multiple product offerings.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: Australia; Western Australia; JANDAKOT