Danaher Corporation Senior Mechanical Engineer in Melbourne, Australia
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Reporting to the Mechanical RGM the purpose of this role is to contribute to Leica project teams to ensure successful project outcomes for our products
Some of the key responsibilities will include (but are not exhaustive):
* Deliver robust and high quality mechanical solutions that are compliant with all applicable business and regulatory requirements
* Develop instrument mechanical architecture and ensure quality of group mechanical deliverables
* Budget setting, tracking and forecasting for project mechanical effort
* Lead project mechanical team
* Lead mechanical DFx efforts
* Provide support to the rest of the business in response to requests for assistance in matters relating to mechanical engineering product issues * Contribute to recruitment and development of skilled engineering associates in line with program and business needs. * Contribute to establishment of and continuous improvement of mechanical systems processes and procedures to support business needs and satisfy applicable regulatory requirements. * Develop design expertise in more than one of the following disciplines: Robotics, Mechanisms, Structures, System analysis, Fluidics, Thermal control, or in Project management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least 6 years relevant experience developing complex electro-mechanical devices
- 3 years experience of developing medical products
- Design Expertise in at least one of the following disciplines: Robotics, Mechanisms, Structures, System analysis, Fluidics, Thermal control
- Competent with MS Word and Excel
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing methods and working with suppliers
- Experience with ISO13485 and FDA QSR 820
- Experience generating technical documents including design descriptions, test plans and reports
- Proven ability to lead, train, mentor and coach others
- Attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated disposition and personal accountability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to improve lives
- Interest in Histology
- Large project management experience
- Competent with MS Project
- Overseas experience of medical device development
This is an opportunity to join a professional, progressive organisation and become a part of an inclusive, supportive team.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To Apply: Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-Australia-Victoria-Melbourne
Req ID: ADV000841