Microsoft Corporation Solution Sales Professional - Workplace Analytics in Melbourne, Australia
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
"Educators are the ultimate source of empowerment ... Technology can help … but think about what the inspired teacher can do. Really, someone who is active in teaching is the ultimate form of empowerment … in making a difference to the world.".
- Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft
Microsoft was founded on the principle that people can do remarkable things when technology is within reach. Core to our mission is creating immersive and inclusive experiences that inspire lifelong learning, stimulating development of essential life skills – communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, character, citizenship and computational thinking – and supporting educators in guiding and nurturing student passions. We will empower students and educators to create and share in entirely new ways, to teach and learn through exploration, to adapt to individual learning needs, so they can make, design, invent and build with technology that stays out of the way. At Microsoft, we believe technology has the power to support learning transformation and be the trusted partner to help governments and nations around the world to build a future ready workforce needed to fuel economies and entrepreneurship.
Join us in our mission of empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow.
Sales Solution Professional – Workplace Analytics
Microsoft has been on the front line of technology innovation for decades. We continue to challenge the status quo by introducing Workplace Analytics (WpA) to the world. This solution reimagines the way companies and their people assess and spend their most valuable resource: time.
Based on years of research and real-world application, Workplace Analytics is Microsoft’s response to a key question of C-Suite executives: How do organizations and teams spend their time and collaborate internally and externally? What work is worth doing and where does waste exist? How can we drive a culture of both, productivity and engagement?
To answer these questions, Workplace Analytics leverages collaboration metadata to reveal how an organization spends time and networks internally and externally. We combine machine learning with behavioral data science to provide visibility into an unlimited set organizational metrics and identify behaviors that can lead to organizational waste, impact employee engagement and ultimately, drive to the desired outcomes. As the solution becomes widely available and demand grows, so does our specialized Workplace Analytics team within Microsoft.
The WpA Global Black Belt team mission is to bring WpA to market and deliver high value insights while showing the world how behavioral data can be a game changer to solve complex organizational problems.
We are a combination of ex-consultants, product managers and business development people positioned to drive the future of Microsoft’s Workplace Analytics strategy.
Think strategy consulting meets data analytics meets product incubation.
You will be a key member of our Global Black Belt team leading the sale of this innovative service in the ASIA market. This team is tasked with developing and closing opportunities for our Workplace Analytics solution and the geography you are specifically dedicated to is Australia.
Your role will be to:
• Develop relationships with senior business leaders at our customers and top tier management consultancies. Your focus will be on executives tasked with Transformation or Strategy.
• Evangelize the Workplace Analytics solution to strategy and business leaders looking to transform their organizations using new sources of data and insight.
• Provide insights based on customer feedback directly to product groups and business groups to refine and improve offerings.
• Create compelling value proposition and messaging.
• Leverage and create material to enable the broader Microsoft field to position WpA.
• Build the WpA business in the Australia market by building a pipeline of opportunities and negotiating effective contracts.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working within a fast-paced business, with a bias towards action and tangible results. This is a new and growing venture within Microsoft and the ideal candidate will be eager for the opportunity to learn and grow within that environment.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
• 10+ years of sales or business consulting experience
• Ability to independently manage dialogue with non-IT sophisticated senior representatives of top tier companies
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced business, with a bias towards action and tangible results
• Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to understand and describe a consulting engagements
• Ability to think strategically about business problems
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
• Proven track record of results
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Sales