Danaher Corporation Sourcing Engineer in Melbourne, Australia
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
We are looking for experienced Sourcing Engineer who has prior experience supporting large projects. you'll be performe sourcing and part qualification activities to support the design and eventual transfer of new products from an R&D environment to production, and to provide sourcing support activities for products currently in production.
Specific responsibilities will include: * Sourcing and qualifying new suppliers as required * Source and procure components for prototype builds * Obtain pricing and other sourcing details to support part selection and production establishment * Contribute to the qualification of new parts * Identify opportunities for BOM cost reduction * Sign suppliers up to quality and Kanban agreements for production start up * Sourcing support for current production * Participate in Sourcing and engineering activities and workshops to identify cost reduction projects to meet annual cost reduction targets
*Ideally, you will have the following qualifications, experience, and attributes: *
- 4 years of Procurement/Supply Chain experience
- Experience in sourcing custom components – especially plastic injection mouldings, but also an advantage to have experience with machined components, fabricated sheet metal, castings, wire harnesses and printed circuit assemblies.
- Experience sourcing OEM components
- Experience working with development teams and new product introductions
- Demonstrated success in developing and fostering relationships with suppliers, while driving lower costs, superior performance and continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of sourcing in Low Cost Regions
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with Kanban systems and an understanding of Quality Management Systems
- High degree of flexibility
- Proactive, self-driven and results oriented
- Exposure to lean manufacturing systems and other approaches to continuous improvement
- Experience producing or working with engineering specifications and drawings
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
To Apply: Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-Australia-Victoria-Melbourne
Req ID: ADV000868