Akamai Technologies, Inc. Solutions Architect in North Sydney, Australia
North Sydney, Australia
Jan 29, 2018 Post Date
011508 Requisition #
About the Team:
Akamai’s Service Delivery APJ team is responsible for integrating customer’s internet properties with Akamai’s Intelligent Platform. Solutions Architects work directly with Akamai’s customers to implement Akamai solutions and provide consultative approaches to our customer’s most challenging technical problems. The team works closely with Akamai’s Solution Engineers, Technical Project Managers, and Engagement Managers while executing on projects.
About the Job:
Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions. You will be working with some of the largest customers in the ANZ region. You will be involved with projects from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently, within a small technical team, or with a global technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai's banking customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate with customer web sites, develop and execute test cases and scripts for Akamai’s FSI customers. You will be working with internal stakeholders, such as Sales Representatives, Project Managers, Technical Support, and Engineering. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
• Work as a member of a cross functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
• Own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited to configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
• Integrate Akamai's Solutions including Aqua Ion, Web Application Accelerator, AMD, Global Traffic Manager, Electronic Software Downloads, Download Manager and more.
• Partner with Business Support, Account Management, Sales, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Care to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, integrations, or post implementation support.
• Accurately scope implementation timelines for integrations.
• Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
• Mentor team members on technical and consulting skills.
• Review configurations with other Professional Service team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
• Grow to become a Subject Matter Expert in any one of Akamai product lines.
• Manage/Participate in global projects and programs efficiently to meet business objectives and customer satisfaction.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, other related field or its equivalent.
· Experience with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers.
· Fluent in English, written and verbal.
· Excellent business writing, presentation and communication skills.
· Experience in IT solution delivery, preferably within a consulting organization.
• Experience implementing enterprise scale, n-tier solutions with direct client exposure.
• Experience with UNIX and one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures – Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, Tomcat, Apache.
• Experience with TCP/IP network debugging with tcpdump or similar.
• Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics a plus.
• Working knowledge of the full software development lifecycle.
• Advanced knowledge of the internet and internet related technologies.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.