Chevron Corporation Health, Environment & Safety (HES) Graduate in Perth, Australia
Who We Are
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and is consistently voted one of the top graduate employers in Australia’s Top 75 Graduate Employers survey.
Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia – headquartered in Perth – leads the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
As part of Chevron’s Horizons graduate development programme, you’ll be part of Australia’s energy future working in a business that will deliver vital energy to Australia and the Asia Pacific region for many years to come.
Your Future as a Health, Environment and Safety (HES) Horizons Graduate
As a HES Horizons graduate you will have the opportunity to work with experienced HES professionals while you gain knowledge of the oil and gas industry. In addition, you will participate in activities which support workforce health and safety and the protection of our environment within our operations and the communities where we work.
You will be given opportunities to stretch your technical knowledge and experience in all aspects of HES. Through involvement in operational or project assignments you will learn skills outside of your core profession, which will challenge the way you look at problems and expose you to cross-functional and diverse teams.
These roles will see you supporting one of Chevron’s world class Business Unit’s and developing skills that will benefit you as you continue your career.
Who We Are Looking For
Chevron Australia is seeking Health and Safety graduates or final year students with a keen interest in becoming a HES Specialist in the oil and gas industry. You will have performed at a consistently high academic level and be an excellent communicator with a strong focus on teamwork.
The Horizons graduate programme is open to individuals who are due to complete their studies in 2018, or who have graduated within the last five years from Occupational Health & Safety, Workplace Health & Safety or other OHS/WHS course that meets Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 (AQF7 ), and have less than five years’ relevant experience.
Applicants will be:
• Committed to Chevron’s values of trust, partnership and integrity and achieving an incident and injury free environment
• Available to commence full time employment with Chevron in February 2019
• Resident in Western Australia
• Eligible to legally work and live in Australia permanently
Why join Chevron:
• Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
• You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia’s largest oil and gas projects
• Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
• Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
• Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
• A 9-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
How to Apply
Applications for Chevron Australia’s graduate program are open from May 02, 2018 until May 30, 2018. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this posting prior to the advertised closing date. Please ensure you attach your current resume, a cover letter and a copy of your academic transcript/statement of results to date.