General Electric Digital X-RAY & Mammography - Applications Specialist in Richmond, Australia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for providing the formal technical & clinical support during the sales process within Australia & New Zealand. Responsibilities may include, training &/or customer service activities. Providing the required pre-sale product demonstrations/educational sessions (or clinical trial support) as well as post-installation applications training & support. Responsibilities may include ongoing post-sale customer support including on site clinical in-servicing & go-live support.
• Providing expertise anywhere from product demonstrations, to implementation and on-going support.
• Developing, coordinating and delivering product training to customers and build solid customer relationships.
• Become recognized expert in product/clinical technical competencies, answer a wide range of questions concerning software and clinical applications.
• Producing well-written post-training reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs.
• Use market and product knowledge to assist sales team in developing sales, marketing and customer service strategies
• Improve customer satisfaction and install base retention through continuing education on optimization of equipment utilization by customer
• Support trade shows and professional conferences with educational training
• A suitably qualified clinical or technical professional in Diagnostic Radiography / Medical Radiation science (Bachelor of Applied Science in Diagnostic Imaging).
• Radiation Licence (IA14/G1) or equivalent.
• Current AHPRA registration
• Demonstrated skills in clinical , especially Mammography , on current products / platforms.
• A clear thinker with the ability to interpret and translate complex technical data and systems.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Exceptional communication and well-developed interpersonal skills will allow you to build effective relationships with key stakeholders and collaborate on the bigger picture.
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• Willingness to travel extensively within your specified geographic region as well as to nationwide sales meetings and tradeshows
• Strong presentation skills (public speaking and lecture experience desired)
• Demonstrated ability to understand and present complex material in understandable terms
• Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations)
• Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers)
• Proven professional business acumen (experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process)
• Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to improve
• Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time
• Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work environments
• Clinical experience in large hospital/university setting preferred
• Three or more years of demonstrated clinical scanning skills in specific modality
• Current GE product experience desired
Locations: Australia; Richmond