Google Associate Account Strategist, GMS Sales, University Graduate in Sydney, Australia
Application will close on Monday, 14th May 2018 at 11:59pm, AEDT. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and it's in the candidate's best interests to apply early. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
Click the “Apply” button to fill out the application form.
When filling out the application form, please be sure to complete ALL steps below to be fully considered:
[A]Complete the “Education” field including your major in the application form with details
[B]Upload your resume in English in a PDF format (be precise, be yourself, and make sure to include your expected graduation month and year)
[C]In the “Cover Letter” section, provide your answers to the following questions - be concise and be yourself:
- Tell us the reason why you are applying Google.
- Tell us an episode that most demonstrates who you are.
- Tell us how you got to know about this career opportunity (e.g. Googlers, Career Center, University Seminar, Online Event, etc).
- Optional: if you need to be accommodated in any specific way, such as requiring sign language interpretation, wheelchair assistance, etc, during the hiring process, please tell us. We’ll do our best to accommodate your needs.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
In this role, you will be at the frontline of Google’s client-facing teams, and will be responsible for a book of business and the strategic targets that come with it. The majority of your time will be spent on the phone consulting with clients of all sizes and types, advising them on tailored solutions on how to get the best return from their AdWords investment. You will use your problem solving, sales, and objection handling skills to get the job done in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for every type of businesses.
- Deliver against assigned strategic targets, while prioritizing and delivering outstanding customer sales experience in order to grow their business.
- Conduct frequent phone, and some face-to-face, consultations with clients to advise them on how to get the best return on their AdWords investment.
- Implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships, Tailor and share online marketing strategy suggestions and promote other Google products.
- Establish relationships across multiple levels within client businesses (e.g. CEO, CMO, Digital Marketing Manager, etc).
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a Bachelor's or Master's degree, and able to start in July 2018 or January 2019.
- This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Demonstrated interest in sales, with the ability to work toward strategic targets and to drive sustainable growth.
- Demonstrated tolerance for ambiguity, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Self-motivated individual with a growth mindset.
- Familiarity with AdWords and online advertising.
- Ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally to deliver impact.
- Proactive, independent worker with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others.
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to drive efficiency and to improve customer ROI. Ability to see both detail and the big picture.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.