Marriott Catering Sales Executive in Sydney, Australia
Job Number 170021JI
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
About The Role
We are looking for a candidate with Event Sales experience who is currently occupying a Manager role or ready to step up. You will be collaborative and detail oriented and able to manage a large client portfolio and both source new business and execute the finer details of the event. Additionally, support the Director of Events with forecasting, reporting and team tasks
Areas of responsibility include:
· Manage a portfolio of important customers ensuring they are rebooked and receive a high level of response and customer service
· Create new business opportunities through ongoing telemarketing and sales activities
· Source, Quote, Negotiate and Confirm event business for the hotel
· Manage the planning for your customer’s event including menu selection, creation of the internal event order, and billing
· Participate in new business blitz including customer sales calls, telemarketing and trade shows
· Conduct site inspections and showcase the hotel
· Keep updated with brand programs and promotions in order to create a winning proposal
· Undertake forecasting, reporting and oversee use of the sales & Catering database
· Our successful candidate has proven selling and execution skills.
· Shows drive and initiative, communicates effectively.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Presents professionally both in person and in written form.
· Min. 2 years Event Sales experience
Please note, the position is Mon-Fri however occasional afterhours work is required to ensure key customer event satisfaction
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 6,100 properties, you'll find us in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World