Expedia Corporate Travel Consultants (Monday to Friday) in Sydney, Australia
Egencia, and Expedia Inc. Company, makes business travel better. Combining technology and service, we create a seamless experience, where companies have access to a user-friendly interface, extensive travel options, and 24/7 global support. Join our mission and help us take the next steps in transforming the world of business travel.
Egencia is looking for Corporate Travel Consultants to support and assist our clients with planning all details of travel, including arranging and or booking air, rail, hotel, car reservations both domestically and internationally.
- Consistently provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism
- Promote and maintain excellent client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response, positive telephone/email, and service techniques
- Adhering to company service guidelines, promote and sell corporate-contracts and preferred suppliers
- Effectively use all computer systems and tools to ensure consistency and adherence to processes and procedures
- Research and solve problems related to reservations.
- Use proper documentation for each call or email; and provide priority wait-listing, preferred seat selection, and upgrade management, as needed
- Make recommendations to clients, e.g., efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking class, exchange rates, and travel products and services
- Serve as a customer liaison between clients and contracted and preferred suppliers
- Additional responsibilities may include, customer service issue follow-up and resolution, visa and/or passport processing, voids, refunds, exchanges, and split ticketing
- Training, developing and mentoring less experienced team members
- Substantial travel industry experience
- Significant experience servicing both international and domestic customers, with emphasis on booking practices
- Experience with one or more GDS systems
- Ability to read, define and apply International tariff, fare rules, taxes, hub utilisation, and explicit knowledge and application of International airline contracts
- Ability to assist in all aspects of arranging and booking travel, e.g., air, rail, hotel, car, and alternate ground transportation; and a strong aptitude and/or understanding of booking highly-complex multiple-leg international itineraries
- Ability to work autonomously, independently, and utilise creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong sense of urgency while maintaining exemplary detail accuracy under pressure
- Ability to maintain vendor relations with a positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a structured team environment
- Capable of prioritising, multi-tasking, and handling high volume effectively
- Demonstrated highly professional attitude and personal presentation in all verbal and written communications.
- Flexibility to work and help out with different shifts when needed.
- Ability to adapt to change
In exchange for your hard work and dedication to the role, you will be rewarded with;
- Base Salary + Bonuses (Not a commission based role.)
- Endless global career opportunities (continue to develop and grow within the industry by direct involvement in client implementations and product updates!)
- A great place to work with other like minded and awesome team members (Monday to Friday)
- A funky office environment at 1 Martin Place, Sydney
- Free Friday Socials
- Company café with free coffee, juice and fruit
- Exceptional benefits including travel discounts for your friends and family
- Heavily subsidised private healthcare (partner & family included)
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- Leisure travel reimbursements (We pay you back for taking a holiday!)
- And heaps more!
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time