Expedia Senior Data Analyst in Sydney, Australia
Are you excited about solving real world problem with advanced machine learning methods? We are looking for a machine learning scientist/practitioner to join the marketing team for the world’s leading travel company. Your work will impact millions of our customers.
The main focus of your job will be in developing state of the art machine learning algorithm to power various aspects of highly complex global marketing campaigns. We spend millions of dollars a year participating in highly dynamic and competitive auctions in travel metasearch (TripAdvisor, Kayak, Trivago, Google Hotel Ads). Each of these marketing channels center around a rich central problem from deriving value from sparse data to auction theory and game theory all with the ability to layer in and action on user segmentation and behavioral data. We have deep and rich data sets, many still untapped, and your passion for the craft of statistics and machine learning has the power to unlock tangible growth for our business.
This is an applied machine learning research position. We are looking for someone with strong machine learning background. The applicant should be either a (finishing) PhD in machine learning or experienced machine learning practitioner from industry.
- Understand the business problem, identify the key challenges, formulate the machine learning problem and provide/prototype solutions
- Be able to debug and correct your data assumption through AB testing
- Document the technical details of your work
- Collaborate and brainstorm with other team members
- Work with the data scientists in best practices regarding methodology (prototype formulation and hypothesis testing), as well as implementation
- Assess the methodological and functional pros and cons of implementing third-party products versus building an in-house system when facing a business problem.
- Collaborate extensively with stakeholders, program management, and software development team members to ensure that solutions meet business needs, permit valid inferences, and have functional feasibility.
The ideal candidate should have:
- State of the art analytical data analysis as well as commercial skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Passion about solving real world machine learning problem.
- PhD in one of the machine learning related fields: deep learning, graphical modeling, NLP, learning to rank, data mining and web mining.
- Strong programming skills, at least being efficient with one of low level languages, C++/Java, and one of scripting languages Python/R/Scala
- Experiences with distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark)
- You must have a minimum of 4 years’ industry experience working with real data (data cleaning, data visualization and modeling)
- Ecommerce experience is highly preferred
What we can offer you:
- You will work on complex real world business problems and find machine learning solutions that meet ROI goals.
- Your work will impact millions of our customers
- You will be given flexibility to pursue interesting new ideas and work with other machine learning scientists
- You will have a lot of growth opportunity
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time