Veritas Senior System Engineer_Sydney in Sydney, Australia
The Veritas portfolio of leading enterprise data management capabilities has been proven in the most demanding, complex environments. In this exciting role as Senior Systems Engineer, you will leverage your skills and experience to effectively translate business requirements into class leading solutions.
Working in close partnership with Enterprise Sales and leading with a very strong client facing focus, you will be able to combine your expert technical knowledge with a commercial awareness to assist in the closure of sales within a Veritas 360 Data Management solution.
The successful candidate will be comfortable presenting to both individuals and groups of high level professionals and with the expectation of quickly attaining trusted advisor status.
- Technical Pre-Sales Ownership across all accounts within the assigned territory.
- Successful execution of assessment-led selling strategies.
- Identification and qualification of new opportunities.
- Expanding the Veritas install base within existing accounts.
- Driving technical closure of complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility
- Solution selling of all Offerings within the Veritas Information Management Portfolio.
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions.
- Translate customer business requirements into integrated class leading technical solutions.
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge.
- Active participation in technical communities and forums.
- Provides support to other business functions such as Marketing and Product Management.
- Proactively involve Veritas virtual teams, architects and Technology Champions in joint opportunity and planning sessions.
Deliver product and technology briefings. Qualifications / Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant technical pre-sales experience
- 5+ years covering one or more of the 360 Data Management Specialisations: Data Protection, Information Intelligence and or Information Availability
- Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
- Current knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies.
- Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .