Google Strategy & Operations Business Analyst, Platforms & Display in Sydney, Australia
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Go-to-Market (GTM) organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives. In APAC, we help to set the focus, pace and direction of our business across the region and unite teams to deliver on Google’s most important business opportunities.
The Platforms & Display (P&D;) GTM team serves the Buyside organization (DoubleClick, Google Analytics 360, Ad Exchange) and supports Display across the Large Client Services (LCS) advertising organization.The Sales Operations and Strategy team within P&D; GTM partners closely with the APAC Platforms Director to craft and drive the business strategy for the region as well as with the P&D; Product Commercialization team to support the development of product strategy and in-market activation.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to uncover powerful insights and drive decisions related to growth, strategic vision and operational efficiency across the Platforms Business. On a day-to-day basis, this role will work to understand business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analyses (data mining, analysis, visualization), generate actionable insights and deliver recommendations to influence key stakeholders. You will actively act as an advocate for and a challenger to the Buyside Leadership team, and participate in key programs and initiatives related to business activity across the entire business cycle, internal sales tools, process re-engineering and sales community.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Engage in deep dive analysis to understand business performance, measure progress against goals and provide concise summaries and recommendations.
- Gather and prioritize requirements and feedback from Platforms sales teams for core sales performance tracking and efficiency; work with cross-functional partners to manage related projects and vet data sources for quality and relevance.
- Support GTM team members and core stakeholders with analytics and insights during the development of the annual business plan, business reviews and product commercialization activities.
- Build reports, dashboards, models and tools to analyze, report and present solutions for data associated with strategic GTM projects, including but not limited to customer and partner segmentations, product usage and adoption, and basic business forecasting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience with data analysis.
- Experience with analytical tools and techniques (SQL/Database, Statistics, business modeling and quantitative analysis).
- Experience in digital advertising, specifically knowledge of Google programmatic advertising products.
- Proven success in stakeholder management, influencing and project management (including execution, multi-tasking and delegating).
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with little guidance.
- Can clearly articulate business needs or problems and recognize clear solutions to those problems.
- Distinctive problem solving skills and high degree of analytical aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.