Google Technical Specialist, Ads, Google Technical Services in Sydney, Australia
The Google Technical Services Strategy and Operations team is responsible for developing and operationalizing the strategy of Google Technical Services. The team provides critical insights using analytics, ensures cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and initiatives. We focus on aligning business priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve ideas into future-growth initiatives. We enable the success of our operational teams by driving strategy, leading business planning, crafting communications, and developing data insights to drive business decisions.
As a Technical Specialist, you'll work closely with our client services organization and customers to architect technical solutions on top of the DoubleClick advertising stack (e.g. DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Bid Manager, and DoubleClick Rich Media Studio).
You will provide solutions to complex business challenges and communicate big technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will also work cross-functionally with other teams to identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and continuously improve our products and operations.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Implement, troubleshoot and support complex technical solutions with DoubleClick advertising products to enhance customer success and product adoption.
- Provide technical consultation and develop custom technical solutions to meet the needs of advertisers.
- Contribute to product development by identifying gaps and deficiencies in current product offerings to improve operational efficiencies by collaborating with Client Services, Product Management and Engineering teams to drive innovation.
- Build relationships with the Sales team and advertisers/agencies to understand their key challenges and present/implement scalable technical solutions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role in a technical consultant, support, engineer or product manager capacity.
- MBA or MS degree.
- 4 years of relevant experience as a technical consultant and/or sales engineer, and experience working with digital ad products.
- Experience building/troubleshooting web pages using HTML, JS, CSS and/or Chrome developer tools.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g.Python/Google Apps Script).
- Knowledge of relational databases with the ability to construct SQL queries to analyze data.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with effective problem solving, analytical and project management skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.