Schneider Electric SCADA Service Engineer in Sydney Macquarie Park, Australia
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
What is the role?
Based in Sydney, we are now actively recruiting a SCADA Service Engineer. Your key aim is to provide significant contribution to the delivery of on time on budget services in accordance with contractual and HSEQ requirements, resulting in profitable growth and customer satisfaction. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Regular attendance to site for meetings, installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance activities both in person and remotely as part of a 24x7 on call roster
- Perform factory and site acceptance tests, identifying actual and potential non-conformances
- Assist with project management, planning and review of technical decisions and challenges
- Develop and maintain documentation, drawings, technical and activity reports in a timely manner, also assist with proposals, quotations and estimates
- Strive for, develop and maintain technical best practice
- Provide mentoring and development of less experienced technical staff as well as job project/contract training for customers
- Additional activities to meet contracted requirements and/or to provide customer service and support
- Systematic diagnosis and troubleshooting of maintained systems
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree / Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree / Advanced Diploma or Associate degree in accordance with the respective pathway
- Must be eligible for Membership of Engineers Australia in the grade of MIEAust, TIEAust or AIEAust
- Experience in the delivery of Industrial Automation and /or Telemetry and/or Information Management System projects and/or services
- Controllers (PLC, RTU, PC, DCS)
- HMI and SCADA
- Customer and/or site experience – e.g. customer office, on-site or remote commissioning/support. Hands on experience in commissioning medium to large projects / site work and/or large managed service agreements.
- Sufficient domain experience to competently interpret process descriptions and to develop technical DSS/FDS and system designs.
- Detailed knowledge of theory relevant to position (process control / telemetry and communication/ info system)
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Primary Location: AU-New South Wales-Sydney - Macquarie Park
Unposting Date: Jun 6, 2018, 9:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003WP3